Friday, August 29, 2008

Nebraska Cornhusker??

Yesterday Tyson and I were talking in the bedroom as Cedric was roaming around in the living room. He came back with this on his face...

How did he get a perfect N on his face? I frantically went to the living room to figure out what he got into (and to look for a face-painting clown!!). I guess he is trying to tell us something (we are guessing he wants to be a Nebraska Cornhusker??). I still have not found where this grease was! Later last night we went over to our neighbor's house. They have this great blow-up slide/water toy that Cedric had a blast on.

I also decided yesterday that I have had enough of not taking care of myself and I need to get going. So, I am going to do the MB marathon!! (Thanks for the inspiration Mindy W.!) I have had such a hard time making working out a priority, so now I have this lifetime goal that I am going to do!! It is on Valentine's day. I am so excited. I found an 18-week training program that I will start October 5th. Any tips will be appreciated! I have run a 10 k before, but that is really nothing compared to this and it was relatively easy. I am so excited to get started on this. I can't hardly wait to start!

5 comments:

  1. That N is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cedric cracks me up! Brian is running the marathon too (he did last year as well). I'm sure he's got some tips. I'm not the running sort of gal...I prefer swimming lol! That's great though, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI. The registration is already open for this years race. You can register at mbmarathon.com. When the weather is bad and its still dark outside it is good motivation that you already paid and are registered for the race. You might want to do some warm up races before the marathon. I did a 15k in NMB and a 10K in Surfside before the big race last year. I feel it helped to see where I was along the way and was a good motivator. 18 weeks is a long time, it is nice to have goals (smaller races)that you can meet building up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think one big thing that helps is just signing up while you are motivated. There will be days when you will second guess and if you have already paid your fee it is really helpful. Good luck and keep us posted on the training.

    ReplyDelete