Wednesday, April 7, 2010

We are alive

Hello Everybody!  Just updating a few things.  Randy and Vickie got here yesterday!  We are so excited they bought a house here and will be living here part time.  Here is their new house:


That is Cedric crying in the picture.  It is kind of a sad story.  A couple of Sunday's ago I told him we were going to grandpa and grandma's house after church to take some pictures and do a few things.  Right when it came out of my mouth, I knew it was bad as he would be expecting grandpa and grandma to be there.  He asked if we were going on an airplane and I said no. He started talking about snow and cows (obviously some things he loves about Utah besides family).  I explained it to him, but he was still confused.  So, when we got there and none of his grandpas or grandmas were at this house, he was upset.  He likes the house now, especially since they are there. 
For about three years now we have been feeling so bad about the way we treat Roxy.  We love her to death, but she was just not getting the attention she needs.  We just have not had time to take her on walks every day or train her correctly.  So, we decided that when our next child comes, it was time to find Roxy a better home.  Well, it worked out perfectly with Randy and Vickie coming.  They agreed to take her.  She is going to be taken care of so much better than she has been (plus she has Trek, their dog, to boss around).  It has felt a little weird this morning, like someone is missing, but she is going to be so much happier!
Everything is going well with Melissa and Gabe.  We have been talking on the phone recently and it is so fun.   She did have to get put on bed rest, but she is doing well.  Only a couple of weeks left!!  I guess we should start packing. 
Spring break was lots of fun.  It is so great when Tyson is here.  We had a great time doing stuff around the house and just being able to relax and spend time together.  It is so sad when he has to go back to work. 
I have appreciated being a mother to a boy recently.  I have been soaking up my time with Cedric and loving it.  It seems he is melting my heart one minute and making me laugh hysterically the next.  He sporadically has been picking flowers and bringing them in to me and telling me he much he loves me.  Opposite of that, I caught him the other night peeing in Roxy's water dish!! I tried not to laugh, but it was so funny! I wonder if he has ever done that before.  So gross. 
Love my boys.

4 comments:

  1. jennie, I loved the post. I am so glad they got there okay, I am bet they are so excited to FINALLY be there. I can't stop laughing at Cedric peeing in Roxie'e dog dish,,,,,,oh I am in for it with my little guy. So, funny!! I am so excited for you to have family around. I love ya



    ***I can't believe it is only a few more weeks.....YEAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are alive! And I don't think I ever said congrats on your new baby coming! It is so exciting!

    We felt about Daisy the way you feel about Roxy and just last week we found her a new home. It is so strange to not hear her little tap dancing on the floor and I have to sweep ALOT more! Cassie still tells her "night night" every night. But I am sure both of our puppies will be happier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to have family moving close by!
    I love the story about cedric peeing in the dog's dish. I babysat my sister's little boys last week and I was amazed at how 'crazy' they are. They come up with the craziest and strangest things to do. They broke gracie's heart when they told her that eat princesses for breakfast. I have no idea what I would even do with a boy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting for you guys! I can't wait to hear about little Gabe. I hope everything goes well for you and Tyson and how fun that you have family close by! We send our love!

    p.s. I found Jaxon "watering the tree" the other night. He thought it was perfectly normal. I about died! Little boys are so fun!

    ReplyDelete