Monday, April 26, 2010

Moments

Tyson loves putting his boys on his chest and hanging out with them.  It was the first thing he wanted to do when we were hanging out with Gabe in the hospital that last night. 

Do you love Gabe's double chin?  So cute!! I am so glad he does not have all those wires on him anymore. 

Cedric holding Gabe for the first time. 

As you saw in the video, Cedric kept kissing Gabe.  I am sure the nurses would have had my neck if they saw this, but how could I not let him?  He loves his little brother!

Tyson and Cedric drove home yesterday as Tyson has to be back at work.  I miss them terribly.  I have to stay here until we get clearance from the state to leave.  We are crossing our fingers that happens the next couple of days.  Gabe is doing really well.  He is such a sweet little boy.  We feel so blessed.  The last couple of weeks have been exhausting in every way.  Our emotions have went from extreme fear to overwhelming joy.  Having a child in the NICU is very exhausting.  We never want to see that hospital again.  Constantly being at that hospital and then back at the hotel takes a toll on you.  Constant worry about his health and then on top of that worrying about everything going well with placement kept us up at nights.  I am glad that is all behind us now. 
Gabe has changed so much in this past week.  His first week of life was spent in a room where he had no sunlight or fresh air and where he barely had human touch.  The first couple of days we had him in the hotel, he would flinch at us touching him (especially on his belly or his feet), but as the week progressed he has gotten used to it and now seems to love it.  He loves his daddy's voice and his mama's singing.  We have taken him outside and he loves that too.  He is settling into his new little body and to being a Smith. 

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!! I LOVED THIS POST, I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!! I CAN'T WAIT TILL ALL OF YOU ARE UNDER THE SAME ROOF. I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are precious!!! Shad said "Baby" using his sweetest little voice. Thanks so much for sharing. I didn't get to see the videos so I was so excited to see the new pics. Cedric holding his baby brother,Gabe, and kissing him is the most precious pictures ever! It makes me more excited and anxious to see Shad with his baby brother. I'm so happy for you guys!!! Ya'll are an absolutely wonderful family!!! We love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete