Monday, June 29, 2009

The Beach Cruiser

If y'all (humm, am I becoming southern?) know my husband, you know he saves pennies whenever he can. He wanted to find a cheaper way to get down to the beach for his job and to surf. So, this is the solution...
We found this cheap bike cruiser and attached a surf board rack to it.
For work we attached his cooler.
And of course a place for flip-flops.

I guess I have not written on here what Tyson is doing this summer. He is supervising lifeguards down at the beach (basically this entails him riding a truck up and down the beach all day and solving lifeguard problems and also watching people to make sure they are following all the rules). How can you complain if all your job requires of you is to stay on the beach? He has learned all sorts of rescue procedures and life-saving techniques, which I am so grateful for. They do training and teaching in the ocean, so of course he loves it. He really enjoys what he is doing.

This was so funny. Cedric "mowed" the ENTIRE lawn with Tyson! I could not believe he followed him around for an hour and a half. He adores his dad, that is for sure.

This is our neighbor's daughter. Cedric wanted to drive the car and so did she, so we came up with a compromise. I thought it was so cute.

Away he goes!

6 comments:

  1. oops, sorry for posting that twice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you live? I've always wondered this when I look at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you live? I've always wondered this when I look at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it....we are going to get a rack like that this summer..I like the flip flop holder :) i loved the post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bryce is totally jealous and has the same flip flops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys have such a fabulous lifestyle, close to the beach; cedric has a fancy little car. So fun.
    I saw your profile on the LDSadoption website. It looks great.
    By the way, Ithought I sent the paypal thing that you requeted for father's day but casey said it never worked...he said he will send it again tonight. sorry.

    ReplyDelete