Tropical Storm Hanna passed over without a hitch. Our ditches were really full, but beside that we did not even know it was here (I know that is not what The Weather Channel would have you believe). They were projecting huge DOUBLE OVERHEAD surf, so of course we were all so excited. It did not end up being that big, but still fun. The news cameras were swarming to catch Tyson and his friend Brian surfing that day, check it out!!! (hehehe) Pay attention to the 2 surfers walking down the beach...
http://videos.myrtlebeachonline.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=2152446&item_index=&genre_id=00000877
Some friends of ours from Oregon found this online and wondered if it was him. We did not even know about this (thanks Candice and Dean, we miss you guys).
No superhero is complete without a sidekick. Who's that handsome rascal walking beside Tyson? Me!!! The Surf City owner and I were next to each other in the lineup. We talked for a little bit. Seems like a nice guy. Later that lady from Hawaii was next to me. I think they were trying something different than I was; actually catching waves. That little Hawaiian was a good rider. I got worked.
ReplyDeleteFifteen minutes of fame!
ReplyDeleteGood that Tyson got some waves. How is the training coming along? I am waiting for some motivational posts. I have only had one 4 mile run since the marathon and am having a hard time getting back into it. Keep me posted.
ReplyDelete