Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter, Adoption, Sick, Talk

Tyson and Cedric went to the Zoo during Spring Break. Cedric loved it! Except for the donkey, but who doesn't get scared with the hee-haw noise they make!
Tyson and Cedric lined up for the 1st annual Smith Easter Egg Hunt.

It's raining eggs!
I am getting pretty good at updating every 2 weeks. We had a wonderful Spring Break. Tyson and Cedric hung out a lot. I had to work most of the days. We did have a very fun day at Wrightsville Beach. There were perfect head-high waves and great weather. Cedric and I even got into the water (well, I ran in after Cedric, it was not my choice). It was so fun. Tyson was so sad to go back to work. He had a lot of fun hanging out with his buddy.
The LDS Family Services social worker came to our house on the 13th and everything went well. He said that by the end of the month we should officially be approved and on the list. We know it could take up to a couple of years, but it is very exciting that at least the possiblity will be open. Once we are approved I will blog about some things you can do to help us.
Beside that, we have been sick :( Cedric started it off and then I got it and now Tyson is home today with a sore throat, stuffiness, achiness, etc., etc. I hate being sick, but it was a good thing I was sick this last weekend as I talked in Stake Conference! I know that does not make sense, but I think being sick took my mind off of being really nervous. I felt so yucky. I felt like my voice was so shaky and I rambled, but everybody said that they were surprised I was so calm and confident. The Lord really blessed me (or the people that were hearing it)! It was a great opportunity and it ended up (after a little grumbling) that I was very thankful for the chance to do it. I am so thankful for General Conference and Stake Conference. I love how it re-energizes you and you feel so spiritually full afterward, such a great feeling! I am so grateful for wonderful leaders that are lead by the Spirit. Cedric going crazy.

2 comments:

  1. STAKE CONFERENCE...OH MY!!!! What an experience, I am sure you absolutely amazing!! You have such a strong spirit with you!! I love the Easter egg hunt line up, like father like son :) I am so excited for you to be on the list...YEAH!!!! I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we didn't give you what I had...and if we did it's mostly just a 24 hour bug/flu thing. I guess that's what Tyson and Cedric get for sitting next to us during Stake Conference!

    ReplyDelete