Saturday, February 8, 2014

Macie Lynn Smith





Long feet!

So cute


Stretching and getting hungry

Her "Piano Fingers."  They are so long!

Introducing Macie Lynn Smith.  You surprised?!  
We were too.  It all happened a little over 24 hours ago.  A good friend of ours (Leslie) works at a local hospital.  She called and said a patient came in who was interested in adoption, but hadn't contacted any agencies or anything.  Leslie informed her that she had some good friends who have adopted.  Leslie called me to make sure that she could give the mother our phone number.  I said of course!!
The mother called  me and we spoke for a few minutes.  She had to hang up as she got a contraction. 
10 minutes later she called back and said, "I want you here to see the delivery of your new baby girl."
WWWWHAAAATTTT???

It was so crazy!! I waited for Cedric to get off the bus and we went to school to pick up Tyson.  
We drove up to the hospital and made it there in time.  
She met the whole family, but was in a lot of pain.  
She felt that she was having the baby for us.   
She made sure I was in the delivery room.  I was able to witness Macie Lynn coming into this world.  I cut the cord.  It was so cool!! 

Our attorneys were able to come up Friday night and all the papers were signed.  She is officially ours!! She should be able to come home tomorrow.  

Heavenly Father knows what he is doing.  We are beyond excited.  Our family is now complete.  

I read a scripture recently that said, ""He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children.  Praise ye the Lord."  Psalms 113:9.  Indeed praise the Lord...Our three children are all miracles.  Incredible!

8 comments:

  1. So overjoyed for you! What a miracle. Words are just not enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Ali text me and told us, I just couldn't contain my excitement. I am so happy for you guys!!! She is a lucky little girl to be in such a wonderful family!!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such exciting news! I am so happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a miracle! Welcome, Macie Lynn - to the sweetest family I know. I am thrilled for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the best Mom! I love your celestial family. So happy for your newest little miracle:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't express how excited I am for you. What a blessed little girl to come to such amazing parents and big brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just thought of you this morning at 6 am. Then checked my email and found this!! Wow! Tender tender mercies of God! Your family is a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny and Tysen I am so happy for you. Don't you think Grandma and Linnea had a lot to do with Macie getting to you?

    ReplyDelete