Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pass-along cards

I have a sad story to tell. This all happened at the same doctor's office where we met Cedric's birth parents.
The doctor came in and the first thing she said was, "I hope I don't upset you. A couple of months ago we had a situation arise in which a young girl was looking for a family to adopt her child. The child was biracial and we thought of you. I forgot your name! We looked and looked through old files trying to find it, but could not. I am so sorry."
Who knows what might of happened, but how could I expect them to remember our names? I was not too upset, but it did make me realize that we needed pass-along cards. A lot of hopeful adoptive couples use these now to get the word out. These are just little business cards with all of our adoption information on them. They arrived today!
As mentioned in a previous post, our chances of adopting again increase greatly with exposure. I have heard that as many as 40% of adoptions happen because of a referral from a friend. So we are putting these up everywhere. Of course we are sending a stack to our doctor and anywhere else we can think to pin one up. Here are some ideas from the R House:
  • you can leave one with every check at restaurants.
  • leave them on community bulletin boards at schools, cafes, restaurants, laundromat, apartment complexes, car washes, etc.
  • Send out with bills.
  • Send out with holiday cards.

I am not sure how many of those we will actually do. We want your help (again!). If you can think of anywhere you could pin one up or would like some to keep handy just in case you hear of anything, email me (jenniesmith129@yahoo.com) with your address and I will send them right out. Thank you everybody!

4 comments:

  1. I will take some of your pass along cards. I don't have anwhere in particular in mimnd but we will leave in some of the places mentioned in your list. Send me some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I am sure it will work out and I will keep you guys in mind if I come across someone that will be putting a child up for adoption.

    Such a beautiful family pic:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me have some for the salon! I hear so much there and would love to help! We love you guys and are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyson,

    How are things? You have a great looking family. It has been way too long since the Honduras days. I hope you are well.

    Brad Clark
    bradandjessicaclark.blogspot.com or email at bradclark@weblawsearch.com

    ReplyDelete