Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What's up dude


Anytime Cedric finds a hat lying around the house, he puts it on and says, "What's up dude." I have been trying forever to get it recorded and it finally happened!! Another amazing thing that happened recently is that we got snow!! It did not stick to the ground or anything, but there were little flurries in the air. This is how much Cedric liked it...

We got our new camera! We are so excited to have it and it takes great pics, here are a few...


The dreaded 20 mile run is OVER!! We did it on Saturday. We decided to run the actual marathon course and we also helped each other through this run. As you can guess, it gets pretty annoying to hold your water bottle/food/MP3 player/mace (for me anyway) while you are running, so we were each other's water/fuel stops. Tyson started running at 7:00 and me and Cedric drove to every 2 mile mark so that he could eat/drink. He did great and finished in about 3 and a half hours. Then it was my turn. Tyson did the same for me. Oh, did I mention it was raining on Saturday. I HATE running in the rain, so I was not happy to begin with. Anyway, I knew I was in trouble when on miles 6 - 8 I was already struggling. I am still not sure what the deal was, but this run was a lot harder than the 18 miles. I had to walk a little on miles 10-12, but I surprised myself by being able to run the last 5 miles without stopping. It look me 4 and a half hours (so slow). Cedric was a trooper hanging out in the car all day. We owe him big time. We are getting so excited to have this thing done. Tyson had a great idea for what to do after the marathon is over...we are burning our running shoes. Sounds so fun to me!! We are both looking forward to the days of doing yoga and surfing.

2 comments:

  1. Lol! So funny, it is so awesome to have that kind of support. Its been fun reading about your training. I guess if you are burning your running shoes, you are not doing another one anytime soon.

    Your pace is better than mine. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is sooo funny, he is a crack up!! I am so excited you got a new camera, very exciting!! You guys are animals, I am so proud of you guys!!

    ReplyDelete