
We had a great weekend this last weekend. We went to our first Clemson game. I know I might be creating enemies here, but we are OFFICIALLY Clemson fans. It was so cool!

This is how the player enter the stadium. The fans were going nuts. It was so exciting.

We were invited by Sam and Kathy Varner. Sam is like family to us. He and Tyson first met when Tyson was playing college ball at Snow. Sam was Tyson's personal trainer. Sam was also the trainer for the Clemson football team when they won the national title in 1981, so he of course, loves Clemson. We got to hang out with them and their family. They are such great people. Thanks you guys for a great weekend!
Us in our Clemson orange.
Cedric would not take his eyes off the band. Every time the conductor would lead the band, Cedric would too. He absolutely loved the game. How could you not? It was so exciting. It made us fall in love with the people of South Carolina even more. Everybody was so pumped up and there was such great energy in the stadium. They lost the game, but it was a great game.
After the game all of the kids take cardboard and slide down a hill. This is Cedric and the Varner's grandson.
Tyson cheering them on.
Here is the hill and Sam down at the bottom waiting to catch them.
This is Cedric making his way back up the hill. Gotta love that smile! He got so dirty, but he had a blast.
This was also our first full week of training for the marathon. Our hardest day was running 8 miles on Friday. Uh, it was kinda hard. We were a little sore this weekend. I was not sure I would make it through miles 6-8. After I ran the first mile I looked down at my phone and it said 13 minutes. I was like, uh-oh, this is going to take me 2 hours to run! So, I pushed myself the rest of the way and ended up finishing in an hour and a half, which made it so I averaged 11 minute minutes. I am trying to get my time down to less than 10 minute miles. It is very excited to be training for it. We both feel better already.
We still love you guys in spite of you cheering on clemson..
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! Katie-bug is a big Clemson fan too. That's OK, we love her anyway.
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome!! How fun to be with Sam and Kathy. They are so amazing!! You guys look great in orange!! We miss you so much!! Good luck on the training, you two are animals.
ReplyDeletelove you
Give Cedric a squeeze from us!!
It looks like fun. Sadly, I don't even know who or what the Clemson are...
ReplyDeletehaha omg i flippin love clemson!!!
ReplyDeleteThe game looks like it was a lot of fun! Cedric looks adorable in his orange hat!
ReplyDeleteBen is training for his 2nd marathon right now too. The training is tough, but it will be worth it in the end! Good luck!
8 miles is a big jump. Running over 13 seems to be another jump and then once you get over 18 or so you have to worry about the dreaded "wall." My body seems to go in phases when I do the really long runs. Sometimes you have these little periods where you don't feel well, but it evens out and you feel alright again. The key is to push through and remember that eventually you will feel better again. I did a 14 miler on Saturday just under 2 hours and I thought I was going to go crazy. Not because of the physical side, but because I get bored. Do you run with Tyson? That would make the time pass faster. I love it when Dave Barnes comes on runs with me. Good luck. I'll see you bright and early in Feb. for the MB Marathon.
ReplyDelete