We celebrated our 17th anniversary! We had a great date at a fun Irish restaurant and then a movie! It is always such a blast to be with Tyson. No one makes me laugh and relax like he does.
For our Life in Review chain, here is what has happened this year:
- We are adjusting to life in California still. Fun warm winter!
- Many activities like surfing, BMX, skateboarding, etc. occupy our time.
- In May the bishop read a letter from the Stake President about needing people in the newly-created Bilingual ward. I knew immediately when they read the letter that we needed to do it. I looked over and Tyson had tears in his eyes. He knew it too! We made the switch and love our Ward! Tyson is the 2nd counselor in the YM and Jennie is Laurel advisor.
- We got called to be Temple workers. Tyson is a veil worker and I am a greeter/pointer. This is just one shift a month, but it is so inspiring to be in the Lord's house and serving Him and the patrons.
- Cedric played soccer and was on a swim team for a season. He loves playing defense in soccer, but he was a striker a few times and scored some goals.
- Gabriel did Karate and flag football. In karate, he amazed us (and the teacher) with his ability to jump so high and also doing the splits. Ninja power, haha. Flag football was a blast watching him run for so many touch downs. He had 3 in one game. So fun!
- Macie LOVES singing and dancing. She also loves wrestling and coloring. I mean coloring everything, walls, windows, etc.
- Tyson still loves his job, even though this school seems to take a lot more dedication and time.
- Tyson traveled to China for EF Tour training. He had a great time on the wall of China, luging it, that is. He spent most of his time in Bejing visiting Tiananmen square, Forbidden city and summer palace. He loved visiting a local school and having fun with the kids there.
- Jennie job going well! I definitely appreciate the ability to work from home. I just need to figure out how to occupy a 2 year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment