Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer update


Gabe falling asleep during bathtime.
Showing his standing skills. (It is his favorite thing to do).
Playing patty-cake with Cedric

I have been a major slacker in taking pictures this last month, so I took a bunch yesterday.  We are all doing really well.  It is already time for Tyson to be back at school.  We can't believe the summer went so fast.  Gabe is 4 month's old today.  He is doing really well.  The last week or so he has started grabbing toys and stuff and playing with things in his hands.  His little laugh is so cute.  Cedric is the best at getting him to do it.  He loves playing patty-cake.  He is losing some hair (as you can see by his receding hair line).  We are just waiting now to hear when we can finalize on the adoption. We do get to finalize here, which is wonderful.  We are hoping to finalize in Oct/Nov and then get sealed shortly thereafter (maybe in Utah- we will see).  We went to the temple a couple of weeks ago and were able to do some family sealings and it definitely got us excited for that day!! We have been busy this summer, but it has all been fun.  Tyson started a business doing surf lessons/renting surfboards called C&G Surf School (website still being built).  That has been a lot of fun and we hope it is something that will continue to grow each year. 
My job has slightly changed as well.  I am now the day manager on an account.  This basically means that I am doing quality control stuff, answering questions, etc.  It is nice because I am on salary now, so I don't have to guess when I will be done everyday.  I only type about half the day and there other half is doing all the management stuff. 
We took a mini vacation last week and went up to Wilmington.  Our hotel was right on the waterway and it was wonderful waking up every morning and watch the boats go by.  We took Cedric to a train museum and he loved it!! He got to ring the bell in the real train, play in the caboose and then inside they have 2 rooms of model trains that you can play with.  The city is neat because it is a combination of an old railroad town, but it has docks and such too.  They have a riverwalk that walks all along the waterway and into the old town.  We were able to walk around the old city and see all buildings and walk around on the cobblestone roads.  It was really pretty.  The food was all excellent.  I think we will be taking some more mini vacations there to discover it all.

1 comment: