(baby Gabe's first stuffed animal)
We are back from our trip and we had a wonderful time. It was so great to have 4 full days to spend with each other. We laughed and cried and had the greatest time.
We met with Melissa, our son's birth mother, and it was wonderful. She is such a sweet girl and we love her so much all ready. She only wants to do what is best for this little baby. We met with her for about 2 hours and talked and loved getting to know her. As we were getting ready in the hotel I told Tyson that I felt like our whole family was going on a first date. It was funny because she had told the social worker at LDS Family Services the same thing! It all went great though and she really appreciated getting to know us and putting personalities with the pictures she saw and the things she read about us.
She asked us if she could name the baby and, of course, we said yes! The name she picked and that we adore is Gabriel Matthew.
She and her family love the name Gabriel (as do we). Matthew is a friend of hers who has helped her through some tough times. Some of our favorite moments were her and Cedric making funny faces. Cedric went over and sat in her lap and gave her a hug. Cedric told her he was going to be a big brother. She told him where the baby was and Cedric put his hand on her belly. We talked about how Cedric and Gabe were going to be pals. She absolutely fell in love with Cedric. We feel so honored to be Gabe's parents and are looking forward to having Melissa and Gabe as new family members.
(The car ride down was about 13 hours, Cedric was such a trooper!)
On Saturday, we packed up and headed to Atlanta. It just happened that the Atlanta Supercross was this weekend.
We did not get there in time to go to the pits, but it was great to go to the race.
(Cedric and Tyson on our long, cold walk from our car to the track).
The best thing about the night was seeing our old friends Eddie and Jessica.
(Big Eddie in the back sitting next to Tyson and then Eddie. Jessica in front.)
Most of the time we were out following the circuit we hung out with these guys. We have great memories of riding with them the day before races at amateur days and driving with each other across the country. Jessica has won 5 Women's Motocross Titles and is looking to do it again this year. She is a great person and an awesome rider. We wish her in the best in her upcoming season.
It brought back lots of memories to be there. Cedric loved it. Everyone was talking to him about getting a motorcycle. We told everyone he only gets the kind in which he is the motor (BMX bike). He still today is talked about getting a "yellow motorcycle."
Funny moments from the trip:
- We watched Michael Jackson's "This Is It" before we left. We subsequently downloaded some Michael Jackson songs. Cedric loves him!! Every time we got into the car he asked for Michael Jackson. We got sick of that real quick. He loved dancing to his music.
- Trying to do P90X yoga and then Kenpo in the little hotel room. We were trying to be quiet, but I am sure the guest below us are still cursing us out when we did jumping jacks.
- Did you know "Lenten" is a word? I kept seeing these signs
and I thought they were some type of bean or something. But, because it is Lent, the restaurants have Lenten specials. Who knew?







I am so absolutely ecstatic for you guys!! I love the story of Cedric sitting her lap, I am sure she was in heaven knowing that Gabe was going to have an amazing big brother. So awesome!! I am glad you had a great time. I love ya ( I love the name)
ReplyDeleteSOOOO excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDeleteI love the name! It is sweet that Cedric loved the birthmom. How special!
ReplyDelete