IT IS OFFICIALLY 1 MONTH TO THE MARATHON!!
Notice the ticker on the sidebar, it is so exciting! The training is great, but it takes so much time. I did 18 miles on Saturday. I have resigned to the fact that my pace is 11 minute miles, so this means 18 miles takes me 3 1/2 hours (which it did). By the end my legs had had enough. I found myself running in a different way (lifting my knees up higher, just so they were not doing the same motion). Tyson is sick, so he did not have the joy of running the 18 miles. I got sick on Monday, so I am taking it easy right now too (which to be honest, is nice). We only have 1 hard training day left, which is 20 miles that we will do on the 24th. Then the marathon comes on February 14th!
For an update on the adoption stuff, we met with LDS Family Services and everything went good. We have the majority of the paperwork filled out. We still have to go get fingerprinted again (that is right, we are on the FBI list) and we have to go get a physical to so they know we are healthy. For now, we just have to wait for our references to fill out the reference letters and then we get to go up to Charlotte for an interview. Then our case worker comes down here for a home study and THEN we are officially approved and on the "list." I can't believe we did all of this in 2 weeks last time. It is a lot of stuff! It will probably be a good 2 months until everything is really done. We are so excited to get this all going.
My camera has officially died and has not been replaced, so I am sorry grandparents I have no pictures of little C.
you guys are animals!! i don't think i could be as dedicated as you guys, good job!! i loved the adoption blog, you did a great job!!
ReplyDeletegrandparents, whatever we want pictures of cedric too, get that camera fixed :)
get feeling better!!
love ya
The adoption process can be so time consuming, and stressful. Good luck! I hope it works out quickly for you. I can't wait to start our process again.
ReplyDeleteand good luck with the marathon! I will think of you running 18 - 20 miles while I sit here and eat bon-bon's!
Good luck with your 20 mile run! Ben's marathon is this Sunday and unless I go into labor, which I highly doubt, he should be good to go! Such an accomplishment...after I have this baby, my goal is to be able to run 1 mile, so I could not imagine running 26!!! I guess, never say never:) Good luck to you guys with the marathon and the adoption process:)
ReplyDeleteYou actually stuck to the training plan. Good girl. It will make it so much easier on you! My longest run was just over 11 miles and the recovery after the race was insane. Don't forget to write about it right after and blog so I can read your amazing story and inspire myself to get started again. :)
ReplyDelete